PLEASE BE AWARE THIS IS AN INVITATION ONLY EVENT
Blackpool Arts & Libraries have a unique opportunity for schools to be a part of, our Young Adult Fiction Festival, TimeHop.
TimeHop will introduce pupils to a wide range of contemporary authors who write fiction specifically for a Young Adult Fiction Audience and their books. We aim to encourage pupils to:
- develop a love of literature through widespread reading for enjoyment.
- use discussion to learn, having the opportunity to elaborate and explain clearly their understanding and ideas.
- read critically, studying setting, plot and characterisation and the effects of these.
- Introduce pupils to successful authors to help them understand ‘how writers write’ and how they write for specific audiences
- understand the purpose, audience for and context of the writing and on this knowledge to pose questions and contribute to group discussions.
- 30 pupils from selected schools will also undertake wider project work and produce an individual portfolio of work that encourages reflection, peer review and sharing with others.
If you are a local Blackpool school and would like to take part, please contact email@example.com for an application form.
This opportunity is provided by Blackpool’s Arts and Libraries Wordpool programme and supported by Blackpool Council and the Arts Lottery through Arts Council England.